Subject: Second Ice Analysts Workshop, Tromsø, Norway, 15-19 June 2009
From: "Alice Soares" <[email-masked]>
To: "Ivan (AARI)' 'Frolov" <[email-masked]>, "'Vasily Smolyanitsky (AARI)'" <[email-masked]>, "'Scherbakov Yuri (AARI)'" <[email-masked]>, "'Klaus Strubing'" <[email-masked]>, "'Beatrice Lorenzo (Argentina)'" <[email-masked]>, "'Dean Flett (CSA)'" <[email-masked]>, "'Yves Crevier (CSA)'" <[email-masked]>, "'Nettie La Belle-Hamer (ASF)'" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "'Jonathan Shanklin (BAS)'" <[email-masked]>, "'Jurgen Holfort (BSH)'" <[email-masked]>, "'Des Power (C-CORE)'" <[email-masked]>, "'Thomas Puestow (C-CORE)'" <Thom
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 18:34:22 +0200

** High Priority **

Dear all,

As you are aware, the second Ice Analysts Workshop will take place at
the Norwegian Meteorological Institute, in Tromsø, Norway, from 15 to 19
June 2009. Copies of the formal invitation letter (fax addressed to the
Permanent Representative of your country with WMO - see attached file
referenced to your country), the Workshop announcement (Annex I), the
Information for Participants (Annex II) and the preliminary registration
form (Annex III) sent to the Permanent Representatives of your countries
with WMO, are enclosed herewith for your consideration. 

Please note that the Norwegian Meteorological Institute (met.no) has
made a block reservation for participants at the City Living Hotel
(detailed information available in the Information for Participants
document), for a nominal arrival on 14 June and departure on 19 June.
Reservations should be made through met.no in Tromsø, using the
following e-mail address: [email-masked]. The Norwegian
Meteorological Institute will need to confirm with the hotel by 28 May
2009 the number of guests, their names and arrival/departure details.

In view of the significance of this workshop, you are encouraged to
participate. It should be noted that, according to established
procedures, financial assistance by the WMO and IOC will not be
available to support participation in this event. 

For administrative purposes, I would very much appreciate it if you
could kindly arrange for the submission of the preliminary registration
form to me (E-mail: [email-masked], Telefax: +41-22 730 8128) with copy
to Helge Tangen (local organizer - E-mail: [email-masked]) as soon
as possible, but no later than 28 May 2009. 

If your country is not listed in the attached files, please let me know
and I will provide you the formal invitation letter to the Permanent
Representative of your country with WMO, immediately.

I look forward to meeting you all in Tromso.
Kind regards,
Alice Soares

Scientific Officer
Marine Meteorology and Ocean Affairs Division
Weather and Disaster Risk Reduction Services Department
World Meteorological Organization
7 bis, Avenue de la Paix
Case Postale 2300
CH-1211 Geneva 2
Switzerland

Phone: +41 22 730 8449
Fax: +41 22 730 8128
E-mail: [email-masked]